The other week I was browsing cnn.com while eating my lunch and came across the article about the women from California having octuplets. Like most people, especially those with children, I thought to myself, how is this women going to take care of 8 babies? I hope her husband has a good job and a lot of free time. I have since learned that:
1. This women has no husband
2. SHE ALREADY HAS 6 KIDS UNDER THE AGE OF 8 YEARS.
3. She lives with her PARENTS in a small ranch which they bought her last year and have since gone bankrupt and had to move in with her.
4. She doesn't work outside the home.
5. Her parents are elderly
6. She now has 14 children under the age of 8 and a mountian of medical bills which no doubt the people of California will be paying for her. 100K per day is the cost for the hospital care for all of them, you do the math.
I love children and it's said that this lady is in love with her children. Who isn't? But is bringing 8 babies born at 30 weeks with many potential physical and metal disabilities as well 6 others children to care for really necessary? Is it me, does anyone else see the moral issue here? I would love your input.
I found this article the other day, very interesting.